Monday, December 23, 2013

Spree Time

This Spree arrived at Hyde Park Scooters last summer, I never was particularly interested in these because they are just so small and slow in stock form. This one caught my eye because it is a cool color combo and it was going cheap!


I got it running right away after removing 10 year old gas and sludge from the tank and carb.  It wasn't awesome though, the piston and cylinder were pretty rough. It always amazes me how these classic Honda's will run even in a very rough condition, its like they refuse to die easy!! I had a 44mm piston and cylinder bored to match which I transplanted on the engine block, this gave the Spree a much-needed boost. After the engine work I tackled the cosmetics, she was pretty clean but had some surface rust on the chrome. I coated the front basket and rear rack with spray-on bedliner and polished the plastics. The muffler got a nice coat of black engine enamel. I had a good set of tires from another scoot so I spooned these on the freshly painted wheels. This was really a budget build for me,  nothing fancy. I sold it quite cheap, probably too cheap because it was sold 15 minutes after I posted it!!!
This is how it appeared the day I brought it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment