Sunday, December 22, 2013

Suzuki TS185

I made some progress on my motard project this weekend. Replacement tachometer and speedometer are mounted and functioning. I also found a great replacement seat since my original was rusted right thru the pan and unsalvageable, even for me! My rear exhaust mount was cracked so I took the time to weld that up tight. I also painted the muffler with high-temp flat back and coated the rusty rear shocks with a nice semi-gloss black engine enamel. Its funny how changing just a couple details can really boost the overall look of the machine. I am getting excited about this build!
Eventually I plan to tear the whole bike down to the frame so I can do a complete engine rebuild.  I also want to sandblast and powdercoat all the frame pieces and bracketry. The color scheme will be yellow and black, like a badass bumblebee!

No comments:

Post a Comment