Saturday, January 4, 2014

1987 Honda Elite 50

In 1987 Honda USA released the first edition of the Elite 50 , it was more aggressive than the Aero 50 and the Spree, the top of the 50cc two-stroke range!  It came in two models , the S model was derestricted and capable of 45mph in stock form , not bad for 49.5cc.

Imagine if your car achieved 1 mph per cc! A 2 liter Nissan would hit 2000MPH!!! Yeah, I know, cars are 4-wheeled, heavy , whatever... This purple and black machine began life as a restricted model, classified as a moped and barely able to reach 35MPH.

Fortunately it arrived at Hyde Park Scooters! I had all the parts I needed to upgrade this bike to full speed status. This involved replacing the exhaust and variator, as well as rejetting and tuning the carburetor.

By the time I finished painting and tuning this scoot I kind of fell in love with it! It was very quick and handled the corners with ease, overall a high-performance machine worthy of the 'Elite' moniker.

At least I got to enjoy it for a while before the right person came along to buy it...

No comments:

Post a Comment